PBUS membership information is subject to release in accordance with Delaware law.
Why Should You Join the Professional Bail Agents of the United States™
Being a member of an association can involve a commitment of time and money; with so many other obligations, is one more commitment really worth it? The many association members of PBUS™ believe it is worth their time and investment and we hope you will too!
PBUS is a national association that represents your interests before the business community, citizens and government entities. We also stand with state bail associations facing legislative or other threats affecting the bail industry. Being a member of a national bail association affords the opportunity to network with colleagues from all over the country at the winter conferences and mid-year meetings, as well as take advantage of educational classes and sessions to help your business grow. PBUS members share their knowledge and ideas with others so collectively we can promote the bail industry.
Most importantly, PBUS keeps our members advised of nationwide legislation affecting our industry and what we are doing to support our members.
- The members of PBUS are people who have many of the same concerns, needs and interests as you. They are the kind of people you will enjoy meeting who will probably end up as your friends.
- PBUS provides members with the opportunity to discuss mutual problems and seek input from colleagues.
- PBUS sponsors a variety of enriching events and activities: conferences, workshops, luncheons, forums and more.
- One of the most valuable membership benefits of PBUS is the opportunity to "listen in" on the creativity of your peers.
- PBUS' educational sessions and seminars held at the bi-annual conventions are led by successful peers, as well as regionally and nationally recognized business experts and criminal justice experts.
- The Council of Presidents, composed of current and past presidents of state bail associations, meet at the winter and mid-year meetings to share the latest news regarding the state of bail in their respective states; the meeting offers attendees a wealth of information!
- PBUS offers members professional certifications for enhanced educational achievements.
- The Certified Bail Agent™ (CBA™) program offers six educational curriculums to help members in their bail agent career: History and Responsibilities; Your Professional Image; Daily Business Practices; Reducing Losses; Legislation and the Importance of Associations; National Liability Standards. Once this designation is achieved, members can use it on all business and promotional materials.
- The Master Certified Bail Agent™ (MCBA™) program is another level of educational achievement awarded to bail agents who have completed the CBA certification and submit an application verifying their involvement in national, state and local associations, community involvement, educational instruction, criminal justice and bail related workshops, etc. Once the designation is achieved, members can use it on all business and promotional materials.
- PBUS offers a weekly newsletter entitled, "PBUS News Update," which is full bail related news, research, commentary and legislative issues all available to you at your fingertips.
- PBUS is the most cost-effective vehicle for learning about industry-wide concerns and activities!
- Membership dues are deductible as a normal business expense for income tax purposes.
PBUS needs leaders! People who can actively mobilize others toward industry-wide action and who can chart the bail industry's future. An association produces voluntary leadership that can make a difference.
We hope you will join PBUS and support your national association. For more information please visit our website or email us at email@example.com.
Jeff Kirkpatrick, MCBA
PBUS Membership/Renewal Application